I saw this story on CNN and thought it was so awesome I just had to write about it! It is really amazing because it shows that no matter how big you are, it is definitely possible to lose a dramatic amount of weight. This story should be a good inspiration for everyone wanting to lose weight.
His name is Muata Kamdibe and at his heaviest he weight 310 pounds and had a 44% body fat percentage. His goal was to lose weight and get his body fat percentage under 10%. Check out the progress he made over a few years:
- In 2003 he first tried the Atkins diet and lost 60 pounds in 6 months.
- In 2004 he only lost 5 pounds and realized he needed to change something.
- He started to count his calorie intake very closely and when he worked out, he used his own weight as resistance.
- He started a blog (link at the bottom) to post about his progress and to help keep himself accountable.
- By July 2007 he lost a total 133 pounds, weighed 177 pounds and reached 6.5% body fat.
Here is the full story on CNN.com: http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.fitness/05/30/weightloss.muata.kamdibe/index.html
Here is Muata Kamdibe’s blog where he talks about his experience: http://mrlowbodyfat.blogspot.com/